harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Code into SVN, not the WIKI (Re: [arch] VMCore / Component Model)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:10:57 GMT
Lets not store code in the wiki, but rather SVN.  There's no control
on a  WIKI, so we have no clue what it is or really where it came from.

As you know, we are being very careful about code pedigree for all
sorts of good reasons.  If you would like to get this code into SVN
so others can start tweaking and playing, we should do that.

1) To get started, first look at the Authorized Contributor
Questionnaire (ACQ)

  http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.html

or

  http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.txt

and fill out a copy, print it, and sign it.  Fax to

   +1 203 665 6400

(that's my fax #).

2) Fill out an ICLA as required by part IV of the ACQ above

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

print it, and sign it.  Fax to same number.

Assuming that all is well with the ACQ, this means that we can accept
the code you have put in the WIKI into SVN for people to start
playing with.  You will have to add the code to a JIRA entry for the
project, so you can definitively offer it under the Apache license.

Note that we are going to be testing the contribution process that we
have thought out, so please be patient :)

geir

>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/

geirm@apache.org