harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] Modular JVM component diagram
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:34:39 GMT
Hi, Ron, I think your concern is valid. We fully understand POSIX has
been and is being used widely. That's why we want to have a discussion
here. APR does have some features a JVM may need in all platforms,
such as atomic operations, which are lacked in POSIX. And APR is
available on a couple of different platforms. Yes, POSIX is availabe
on some non-UNIX systems too, e.g., one can use POSIX on Windows
through Windows Services for UNIX or Cygwin.

I'd like to hear how other people think. Folks on the mailing list, comments?

Thanks,
xiaofeng