harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [arch] VM/Classlibrary Interface (take 2)
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:15:24 GMT

On Aug 15, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Weldon Washburn wrote:

>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> A few of us at Intel have also done something similar.  That is, we
> created a simple, easy to understand Classpath/VM interface.  We also
> did not look at GNU Classpath because of its license.  Hopefully
> Harmony licensing issues will get resolved soon so that actual code
> containing interfaces can be donated to Apache.  This will make
> pulling the best ideas from each version of  VM/Classlib interface
> into Apache Harmony much easier

Indeed.  I have another rev to propose - it will invert the
questionnaire to

a) make it clear that people will be able to work on *anything* for
which there isn't a problem due to previous exposure, rather than
only be able to work on things they initially declared

b) ensure there's an included "resolution procedure" for cases where
previous exposure is resolvable

c) Make the compontent list a bit finer grained so previous exposure
to X doesn't keep you from working on things unrelated solely because
of our bucketing.

geir

geirm@apache.org