harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tom <...@gatewide.com>
Subject Re: [arch] Modular JVM component diagram
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:15:47 GMT
Joerg,

thanks for your link, seems like APR is the way to go.

Just one more thing: Instead of just having an abstraction layer, would
it be possible to give our solution a little finer granularity right
from the start ?
E.g. define a part of this layer so that only this part is required on a
target to get the JVM to run. This will help to use Harmony with
different bootpaths later on. For example, the VM will not require
libraries for X-Path and database operations, or will it?  (They seem to
be required to run libapr0 in your link)

Thanks
Tom