harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [arch] Modular JVM component diagram
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:11:47 GMT
Tom wrote:
> Hi
>
> I like the APR idea, but still would like to evaluate how feasible it
> will be to port whatever we chose as the OAL to various embedded
> platforms, in particular ARM, PowerPC and MIPS.

Right now, the APR runs on WindowsCE platforms regardless of CPU.
Of course some things are not supported, and the CE port itself was
not very much maintained recently. I did initial port together with
OtherBill and others, but since there were no 'real usage' the port
itself was not maintained as it should be.
OTOH the 'core' functionality, like file, network, threading, signaling
is working, so the refresh itself would not take many hours.

I can not speak on Linux based embedded platforms, but since it should
be a POSIX underneath, I see no major problems for that platform either.

Regards,
Mladen.