harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Tanzer <stru...@guglhupf.net>
Subject Re: [arch] Modular JVM component diagram
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:55:34 GMT
Some questions: Are these the actual headers we program against? If
yes, this would assume we use C or C++ to implement the VM, or at least
these components, right?

Sorry if I'm asking something which has already been resolved, but I
was just searching the mailing list archives and I found much
controversy about which language to use, but I didn't find a resolution.
Anyway, I thing C/C++ would be a good choice to implement performance
critical parts of the VM.

Another suggestion: IMHO it would be good to use the Java Coding
Conventions in C/C++ code too. While this has the disadvantage that
the coding style in the C/C++ code might be inconsistent in some places
it would have the great advantage that all code (and all interfaces)
we write use the same coding style.

Regards, David.

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 09:24 -0700, Weldon Washburn wrote:
> method_access.txt has been added.
> > On 8/25/05, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Weldon,
> > >
> > > from which wiki page is this field_access.txt url linked from? could
> > > we not add the code that wiki page itself? (if you enclose with "{{{"
> > > and "}}}" with the code in between it looks nice)
> >
> > Oops. Sorry.  I put an http link to  field_access.txt in
> > http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/HarmonyArchitecture.  Its under the "VM
> > Core" paragraph that Ricardo added last week.  Its about 3/4 of the
> > way down the page.
> >

> > > thanks,
> > > dims

David Tanzer, Guglhupf Studios, http://guglhupf.net
My PGP Public Key: http://guglhupf.net/david/david.asc
Brain: Here we are, Pinky--at the dawn of time!
Pinky: Narf, Brain. Wake me at the noon of time.
  -- When Mice Ruled the Earth

View raw message