harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:53:45 GMT

On Jul 2, 2005, at 5:10 AM, Sven de Marothy wrote:

> Mladen Turk wrote:
>
>> So, the valuable news would be:
>> GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released under ASF licence!
>>
>> Anything else is just another GNU release.
>>

> Mladen,
> you are perfectly welcome to become a Classpath contributor if you
> like.
> But at the moment, you haven't contributed, and so you have no
> business
> telling people what they should do with the code they wrote.
>
> Your attitude is that I, as a Classpath contributor, should happily
> and
> readily relicense my code under whatever license *you* want. And
> judging
> from your indignant attitude, I should be grateful for it too.
>
> Seriously, fuck you.

Yo - guys - put a lid on it, and certainly keep language like that
off of this list, please.

We're not going to debate GNU vs ASF, at least not here.

People do what they want with their code in terms of license as well
as choose what code they work with because of license.  We have a
long road here.  Lets stay out of the weeds.

geir

geirm@apache.org