harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [arch] VM/Classlibrary Interface (take 2)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:38:42 GMT

On Jul 18, 2005, at 1:40 PM, mark@klomp.org wrote:

>>> The mailing list is probably not the right forum for posting non-
>>> trivial
>>> pieces of code. Geir: What's the right forum for this sort of
>>> discussion?
>>>

>> I am checking every day to see if the answer to this has popped
>> up, but
>> no luck so far. In case I missed something, could someone point me
>> into
>> the right direction?
>>

> The reason nobody answered this question is because we are still
> debating
> how to accept code that is both GPLv2 and ASLv2 compatible.

I'm not sure that's the issue exactly - I think it's about dual
licensing.  I'm all for any contributor also offering their code
under other licenses, but that's not going to be something we track
here.  We can encourage, but for this list and our JIRA, it's AL at
the moment.

> As long as
> that isn't worked out the best thing to do with such code is to
> post them
> on some website with a simple MIT/X disclaimer at the top and post
> on the
> mailinglist at which URL people can check it out. (And having a
> individual/company assignment/disclaimer on file with either the
> FSF or
> ASF is recommended.)

Well, what you could do is post here, and then also note it's
available somewhere else under another license.

geir

geirm@apache.org