harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [legal] contribution policy and proposed guidelines posted to site
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:43:15 GMT
All,

I apologize for the delay.  I have added to our website (please allow
up to 4 hours from now for propagation to public site)  :

1) Our proposed contribution framework for the project.  This should
currently be considered 'proposed' as we do the final nip-and-tucks,
and get any remaining comments from the community.  I believe there
was general support and consensus, except for some minor issues :

- requiring a CCLA from employers : I've dropped this, as it's
impractical, although we must encourage people to get them if
possible, and should work to set an example if we can

- require a formal resolution of non-competes : We had that we
required anyone under a non-compete to be required to get a
resolution from their former employer.  I thought there was some
opposition to this, so I've softened it to be for areas that overlap
with the Apache harmony project.  We may want to revert back to a
requirement, but I'd love to hear some feedback.

2) I borrowed the project governance guidelines from the Apache HTTPD
project and posted them as our proposed guidelines.  They certainly
require some additional work, but we needed a starting point, and
there it is :)

I will follow this note w/ my legal to-do list to keep things clear.

geir

geirm@apache.org