harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [legal] Mailing list policy
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:25:24 GMT

On Jul 15, 2005, at 3:44 AM, Leo Simons wrote:

> On 15-07-2005 08:40, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> For code samples, we want to take them in via JIRA, for tracking
>> reasons.  Now, given that we're rather attached to the Apache License
>> here at the ASF, I'm not sure we wish to tangle with getting dual
>> licenses for contributions *here*.
>>

> Ha! That'd be cool. I mean, it can't be that hard to have a
>
>  [X] I submit this Contribution under the terms of the Apache CLA
>  [X] I submit this Contribution under the terms of the FSF CLA
>  [X] I submit this Contribution under the terms of the Apache License
>  [X] I submit this Contribution under the terms of the GNU GPL
>  [X] I submit this Contribution under the terms of the GNU LGPL
>  [ ] I submit this Contribution under the terms of the MIT License

You'd probably want to have a dropdown that is populated by a
webservices call to an OSI database.

> kind of form,  similarly a commit template for SVN and a pre-commit
> hook
> that requires that kind of info. Then we have 7 different SVN
> repositories
> (a master and 6 others for each license), and commits that fall
> under any
> particular license get mirrored to the relevant repository.

Maybe a pop-quiz on pre-commit?

>> Lets illustrate with use cases?

[SNIP]

In all seriousness, I was trying to find cases where mark would have
a problem with the normal discussion flow now that we've stated
explicitly the default licensing for contributions made via the list.

geir

geirm@apache.org