harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:00:00 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Right now the GNU classpath is GNU tools only. Trying to
> compile that on WIN32 or WIN64 is very painful without
> going trough some posix layer.

Do you mean using Cygwin and/or Mingw32? Or do you mean in general using
MSVC++ rather than gcc?

That is not very hard to implement, I have used cccl m4 macros to
implement such wrappers for autotools for MSVC++ before with pretty good
results. Currently the libtool developers are working on out of the box
support for MS VC++ for libtool and autotools, so wrappers like cccl may
not be necessary in the future.

> Also the GUI part is GTK only, so even with using things like
> gtk-win32 it adds an extra layer in between.

Yeah. That should be easy enough to replace though, using a different
peer implementation. Someone just needs to write them.

cheers,
dalibor topic