harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:04:25 GMT
Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 18:40 +0200, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>>Nothing hostile in that.
>
> Right. I see you are eager to get to work and just solve things.

Right.
My motivation was to simply shake both FSF and ASF boards to
get to some arrangement (finally). Glad to hear that it's happening.

If you look at the couple of responses to my email I wonder
what will happen if we came up to the 'real' technological
problem that needs to be solved. For example windows or
embedded devices support, using IO Completition ports instead
select for NIO, etc...

Although Geir said couple of times that we'll resolve those
issues 'on-the-fly', I wonder if something like that will
be possible without some formal agreement, because the classpath
is essential part of any JVM thought.

IMHO the major issue is to put all the requirements for the
classpath on the paper, and then to see if the GNU classpath is
usable, and if not, can it be adopted to fulfill all the requirements.

Regards,
Mladen.