harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Lydick" <dlyd...@earthlink.net>
Subject Compiling GNU Classpath was: Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:44:38 GMT

Yea-- painful is the word.  I have tried it
on a Solaris 9 platform and keep getting
rather confusing errors on packages, namely
GTK, GLIB, and LIBICONV.  Even when I try to
download and compile these packages directly
instead of using the www.sunfreeware.com versions,
I have _not_ succeeded.

Has anybody successfully compiled GNU Classpath 0.1x
on a Solaris platform?  Mark says it should work since
it is a "Posix-like platform", to use his words.  I would
like to get the installation package if I could, so I
can try bypassing the build step.

Thanks, anyone, who can help.

Dan Lydick