harmony-dev mailing list archives

From usman bashir <grip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] VM/Classlibrary Interface (take 2)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:07:17 GMT
Hi Johnson!
 it is really good, some what like COM (querying IUknown ,sorry for having
some term from nonjava ;) ), yeah i think so this way not only promote the
interop as well as we can replace the each trianger side (VM, OS layer and
class library).
 though i suppose the efficieny can be a constraint, but supporting
interfaces between every layer could allow us to merge and replace each
componenet effectively (surely another dependency creep up that the
componenet must follow the rules i.e. interfaces included in the proposed
harmony.) but i think so it will still not costly because , we are suppose
to create harmony in this universe.
 And what i m thinking about the harmony is kind of thing like Eclipse
(excellent thing i should cong to them as well) so i want plug ins (and here
plug ins will be class library and os layer etc).
 what u think ?????

--
Usman Bashir
Certified IBM XML Solution Developer