harmony-dev mailing list archives

From usman bashir <grip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:42:39 GMT
Gier!
 i am also support him, as i have also faced few difficulties while during
silent research on all these topics (library to VM) as few things were
desgined to keeping in mind of Unix versions and hence a win client find him
no where in such cases. However i understand ur concerns (as it has been
throughly discussed in last mails) about the progress of harmony, so i
think, we can start working parrallel (only volunteer bases not included in
realy project plan yet) about the development of libraries that liberate us
from GNU.
 An imp note to those who will argue agianst it, i just like to see harmony
to be complete in itself like we have J2SDK (now JSE ;) ) so if we able to
ship libraries as well (and i know we have to) then we can do a magical
thing(and i know it will add atleast two three years more, but i am not
forcing it now, as our major goal is to get JVM first). so working over
these things should be in mind.
 its humble proposal, i hope people will support this.

--
Usman Bashir
Certified IBM XML Solution Developer