harmony-dev mailing list archives

From m...@klomp.org
Subject Re: [arch] VM/Classlibrary Interface (take 2)
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:40:48 GMT
>>The mailing list is probably not the right forum for posting non-trivial
>>pieces of code. Geir: What's the right forum for this sort of discussion?
>>
> I am checking every day to see if the answer to this has popped up, but
> no luck so far. In case I missed something, could someone point me into
> the right direction?

The reason nobody answered this question is because we are still debating
how to accept code that is both GPLv2 and ASLv2 compatible. As long as
that isn't worked out the best thing to do with such code is to post them
on some website with a simple MIT/X disclaimer at the top and post on the
mailinglist at which URL people can check it out. (And having a
individual/company assignment/disclaimer on file with either the FSF or
ASF is recommended.)

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. I am currently with poor connectivity. I have written replies to some
of the discussion already, but have no way to actually get those off my
laptop. Back in a day or two I hope.