harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [legal] contribution policy and proposed guidelines posted to site
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:17:16 GMT
El lun, 25-07-2005 a las 08:56 -0500, netsql escribió:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

> > - requiring a CCLA from employers : I've dropped this, as it's
> > impractical, although we must encourage people to get them if  possible,
> > and should work to set an example if we can
> >

> > geir
> >

> (sound good to drop it) You can just decide what to add and remove as
> you wish, no votes, nothing?

Lazy consensus is a device designed to enable projects to proceed when
there is no clear path. It means that whoever has the time can proceed
(except for things like a formal vote on the proposal) taking decisions
unless people expresses concerns (i.e, we get a conflict). I found this
way of work, also called "doocracy", to be essential for sustainable
work in cooperative projects.

Regards
Santiago

--