harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject RE: Minutes of First Harmony Meeting
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:26:04 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 13:30 -0700, Baker, Tony wrote:
> Uh...
>
> Weldon Washburn, individual contributor, just tipped his hand.  As an
> individual contributor, why would you need permission?

I thought it was general knowledge what the background of most of the
harmony founders was. If you haven't seen it check out:
http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/2005/05/07/re_who_are_these_people_was_re_open_source_jvm_proposal_on_the_table_at_apache_software_foundation.html

In general every contributor should make sure their employer agrees with
their work. Especially when they could have a claim on any work someone
wants to contribute. Both the FSF and ASF have company disclaimers to
make sure there is no confusion and surprizes for the contributors and
the projects.

Cheers,

Mark