harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sven de Marothy <s...@physto.se>
Subject Re: AWT/Swing
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 05:08:12 GMT
> On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 10:30 -0300, Rodrigo Kumpera wrote:
>
> > Harmony or classpath won´t be able to use these peers, as QT is GPL.

BTW, could *everybody* PLEASE abstain from talking about GNU Classpath's
politics here?

First, it is off-topic. This isn't the Classpath mailing list.

Secondly, it is spreading confusion. There are a large number of posts
on this list making different statement on Classpath's "goals" from
people who have no affiliation with the project at all.

I consider this to be FUD and propaganda. Some may be done with malice;
some of it is just ignorance, but the effect is the same: It's harming
the attempts being made to cooperate with Harmony.

The Harmony project's aims and goals are unclear enough without lots of
misinformation about Classpath's.

I suggest that from now on we let Mark Wielaard, and him only, speak on
ANY issue regarding Classpath licensing or politics on this list. (I
won't comment further myself, either.) Ok?

I'll repeat that: Please disregard ANY and ALL statements on the
Classpath license or project goals unless it's coming from Mark.

/Sven