harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sven de Marothy <s...@physto.se>
Subject Re: AWT/Swing
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:38:41 GMT
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 09:14 -0400, PJ Cabrera wrote:
> Sven, how far along on the Qt peers are you? Which version of Qt are you
> using?

Hmm, hard to say. I've been targetting Qt4, but I started hacking them
on Qt3, I was more than half-done before, but now I moved them over to
Qt4 and have to re-think some stuff. But they'll be usable pretty soon.

Here's a screenshot: http://www.qc.physto.se/~sven/qtpeer.png
(running the Classpath AWT demo)

One of my problems (and a problem for anyone writing AWT peers) at the
moment is working around threading problems. AWT is thread safe, but
most native GUI toolkits are not, and Qt is no exception.

View raw message