harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sven de Marothy <s...@physto.se>
Subject Re: AWT/Swing
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:38:41 GMT
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 09:14 -0400, PJ Cabrera wrote:
> Sven, how far along on the Qt peers are you? Which version of Qt are you
> using?

Hmm, hard to say. I've been targetting Qt4, but I started hacking them
on Qt3, I was more than half-done before, but now I moved them over to
Qt4 and have to re-think some stuff. But they'll be usable pretty soon.

Here's a screenshot: http://www.qc.physto.se/~sven/qtpeer.png
(running the Classpath AWT demo)

One of my problems (and a problem for anyone writing AWT peers) at the
moment is working around threading problems. AWT is thread safe, but
most native GUI toolkits are not, and Qt is no exception.

/Sven