harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [arch] VM/Classlibrary Interface (take 2)
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:20:29 GMT
Ok, from the school of "Storming the Gates! Take 2", lets again
examine the question of VM/classlib interface as this is an important
aspect to address and our first run at it wasn't so successful.

The questions I have are all around the different ways has this been
done.  So far we know about GNU Classpath, but I assume there are
others.  What I'm specifically interested in is :

    - what were the architectural goals
    - what mistakes made in the past did you try to avoid
    - what are the known limitations
    - does the interface support our target version of 1.5

Anyone who has experience, please post it here, describing the
particulars rather than just point someone to docs or code that may
be under a license not acceptable by everyone.  That said, please
include any references too...

geir

geirm@apache.org