harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [modules] classloader/jit interface
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:30:01 GMT
>>>>> "Weldon" == Weldon Washburn <weldonwjw@gmail.com> writes:

Weldon> Below is a first stab at the API to retrieve the values
Weldon> contained in internal classloader data structures.

Weldon> Comment/questions are appreciated.

Weldon> Class access and property modifiers (table 4.1)
Weldon> bool Class::is_public();		// ACC_PUBLIC
Weldon> bool Class::is_final();		// ACC_FINAL
[ ... ]

Why not have a single API for retrieving all the flags encoded as a
word?  We already need this capability to implement things like
Class.getModifiers.  The flag values are unlikely to change, and we
won't even have to code them in the source anyway (we can generate
them from Modifier.class).

Also, it is worth clarifying whether, for Class, this returns the
"real" modifiers or the modifiers from the InnerClasses attribute.
The former are typically needed internally but the latter are needed
in some situations (Class.newInstance I think).

Tom