harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:10:10 GMT

On Jun 8, 2005, at 5:16 AM, Leo Simons wrote:

> On 08-06-2005 00:08, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I. Division of Repository
>>

> +1
>

>> II. Specific Access Control Lists
>>

> +1
>
> We could consider setting up a totally separate SVN repo for this,
> because
> the svn-authorization file would be the authoritive source of
> "tainting
> info" and we may want to publish that file.

Yes, good idea

>> III. Strict Limits on Committer Contribution
>>

> +1
>

>> IV. Be Proactive in Committer Education
>>

> +1
>

>> We could have [a legal form] as part of a standard svn commit message
>> template, for example.  Other ideas welcome.
>>

> Perhaps employ a post-commit hook that rejects commits that don't
> have a
> filled-out template.

Well, I was thinking more of an informational message, but a short,
simple set of Y/N questions might help.  OTOH, people might just get
in the habit of just doing the right answers, and not reading...

>> we might consider a form asking information like the following.
>>

> There's a lot in there. I don't feel qualified to comment.
>

>> Comments?
>>

> Expanding on what I said in my other e-mail, "committer" is
> something that
> has many non-legal connotations here at the ASF. It might make
> sense to
> define all or most of this in terms of contributors. WDYT?

Yes - "Authorized Contributor" as a defined term as one who has
executed the form.

geir

geirm@apache.org