harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Summer of Code, something for Harmony?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 00:11:19 GMT
On 01-06-2005 18:27, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
> I thought about it.

Me too.

> I'm not sure we'd have a project for someone,
> but if we do, it's a good thing for us to do.

I'm not sure, but I don't really think so. Harmony has a lot to figure out
for itself (there's not exactly a very experienced stable community yet with
a lot of leftover capacity for teaching open source community skills) before
taking this on.

I would encourage people who like this idea in general to approach google
whether projects related to open source java could be tackled under a
different banner (ie like hacking on Classpath or jikes or gcj or Kaffe or
...).

> if not, I still urge anyone that has the time to help out in whatever
> way they can.

Aye!

Leo