harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "theUser BL" <theuse...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: some ideas
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:25:56 GMT
Sorry, but it seems that I don't understand your train of thought.

>here are some ideas:
>1. In order not re-invent the wheel, it would be better to start from
>     JVM Sun's implementation. The code, if  I'm not wrong, is public.
>     Or, at least, from a solid implementation.

The sourcecode of Suns JVM is public, but not OpenSource.

The reason why Harmony exists is the
disaffection/discontent/discontentment/dissatisfaction/ 	discontentedness
with Suns license.

If you use Suns code, you have at the end something line Blackdown.
And that don't make sense.

>2. An attracting feature would be designing the Harmony JVM to be portable
>across Windows and Linux.

... and MacOSX .. and BeOS ... and PDAs ... and and and.
And I think, that is one goal of Harmony.

View raw message