harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [arch] How much of java.* and friends does Harmony need to write. Was: VM/Classlibrary interface
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:20:37 GMT

On Jun 3, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> That's a rather weird thing to standardise, being the internals of
> a binding
> between the library and the VM, and necessarily something that is
> in flux, as
> VMs and class libraries change internally. And they do change quite
> a bit over
> time ;)

I assume they only change as the Java API changes?  I.e. the
interface needed for 1.4 could be different than the interface needed
for 1.5 etc?  (and similarly, if the interface is different, it
implies a required change on both sides of it ?)

If that's so, then I think it is reasonable to standardize - you'd
just have the standard interface for a given Java API version...

geir

geirm@apache.org