harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: On Tainting/Residual Rights (Was: Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers)
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:38:36 GMT
Dalibor Topic wrote:
[hot stuff]

Holy cow, with a bit of hindsight, that was one little emotional
firebrand speech without harmonic undertones. I am afraid I pressed the
send button way too soon, so sorry about that, and I hope to avoid
turning the list into a legal speculative fest. After some experience on
debian-legal, I should know better than to send firebrand speeches to
mailing lists. ;(

Instead of sheepishly feeding the speculations further myself, I'll take
it up with some friendly folks at the parents of the JRL, and try to
figure out what the JRL is really meant to mean, and see if all of my
fears regarding the JRL covering other things really are as unfounded as
everyone would/should hope. If they are unfounded, well, awesome,
everyone wins. If they are not unfounded, well, the JRL could be fixed
to make them unfounded, and everyone wins. Let's be winners.

love, peace and understanding,
dalibor topic