harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackburn <Steve.Blackb...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:37:56 GMT
Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Many people don't see the need to look at non-free software in
> general, and chances are pretty slim that anyone I know will ever get
> that bored and out of reading material to accept the 'Read only'
> license, for an example of a very funny non-free software license.

I have never looked at non-free implementations, but I am interested to
know what this means for those of us who have extensive exposure to
implementations such as Kaffe (GPL) or Jikes RVM (CPL).  My reading of
it is that I can't work on any part of Harmony for which I am tainted by
my Jikes RVM exposure without permission from the copyright holder of
Jikes RVM.  Is that right?

--Steve