harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nacho G. Mac Dowell" <igonza...@informa.es>
Subject Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:54:48 GMT
Hi all,

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>     a) Having a copy of src.jar on a computer as long as you never
>        viewed or edited the contents of the file.

How many people on this list have NEVER looked (not edited) at, say,
java.lang.String?

If you want people with extensive java knowledge to contribute to
Harmony this requirement seems like a dead-end to me. Not for the VM
internals, but for the class libraries. I suppose that, at least, any
curious java developer using eclipse (I don't know about other IDE's)
has. Something else would be pretending no one ever looked at src.jar...
Don't flame me, please. I'm just trying to address one of my major
concerns about Harmony. If this is a MUST requirement, then Sun did a
great job when releasing src.jar...

best regards,

nacho