harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Hamid <ar...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: [arch] How much of java.* and friends does Harmony need to write. Was: VM/Classlibrary interface
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:44:24 GMT
I actually had not considered this issue which would seem to warrant
these classes living in the same package.  But can not an equivalent
solution be constructed such that the implementations of these public
classes can hand the VM* classes references to internal structures (and
vice versa) though well defined interfaces, instead of relying on
visibility modifiers to allow the VM* objects to access private state of
java.lang classes, thereby allowing the VM* objects to live in a
separate package?  Or am I misunderstanding your statement (or maybe
that is just too cumbersome)?

Aaron