harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Renaud BECHADE" <renaud.bech...@numerix.com>
Subject RE: [Legal] Requirements for Committers
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:50:37 GMT
Right,

I forgot to mention what happens in the case of a working contract... Sorry.
(But we are not linked with a working contract and the derogative article of
the intellectual property right you cite contains the very word "employees"
/ art. L113-9)
After checking a few sources it seems though that there are many pitfalls
when doing the "rights" transfer after the soft is written... I'll try to
check more sources.

Regards,

RB

Ex: (in French below, sorry)
Basically a guy sold a soft to a company before he was employed. This was
restated by the judge as a use right lease for a given, limited duration.
http://www.pifrance.com/rechercher.php
-----

TGI Paris, 26 novembre 2002, M. Demont c/ SARL Forever Living Products
	2004-12-09
Thème : TIC
	Dossier : Salarié
La personne physique qui cède "en pleine propriété" deux logiciels conçus
avant son embauche obtient la requalification de la cession en droit d'usage
à durée déterminée. Le TGI rappelle le caractère nécessairement explicite de
la cession de droits...

Mots clés : logiciel ; progiciel ; droits d'auteur ; contrat de travail ;
transaction ; droit d'usage ; exploitation ; cession des droits (non) ;
atteinte au droit moral (non) ; articles L.113-9 et L.131-3 du CPI ;
requalification ; cession ; gestion d'entreprise.