harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Saad <myanywh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [modules] classloader/jit interface
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:41:26 GMT
On 6/25/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> So this API is really for the classes Method, Field and Class, rather
> than a bigger C API.  Does this make it harder for other languages to
> use or implement?  (I have to admit it's going to take a few to start
> thinking in C again...)

hmmm actually this leads back to two questions (for which there aren't
clear answers in previous threads)

1. what would be the implementation language? (or the anticipated
modular architecture  would also be language-independent)
2. which current VM implemention would we start refining as a core for
Harmony? (or we would write it from scratch)

--
-ahmed

If you can give me any information about how to
study/work/live in the states or just a start
point, I'd be really grateful if you do so.