harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Saad <myanywh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:51:03 GMT
On 6/8/05, Steve Blackburn <Steve.Blackburn@anu.edu.au> wrote:

> I have never looked at non-free implementations, but I am interested to
> know what this means for those of us who have extensive exposure to
> implementations such as Kaffe (GPL) or Jikes RVM (CPL).  My reading of
> it is that I can't work on any part of Harmony for which I am tainted by
> my Jikes RVM exposure without permission from the copyright holder of
> Jikes RVM.  Is that right?

Same goes here!!  here is the story.. i got two books (Programming the
Java Virtual Machine and Inside the Java Virtual Machine).. i started
reading about VM internals... and i thought i'd download kaffe or
jikes RVM source code to look at their implementation and to play a
little after reading some chapters from one of these books... will i
be able to contribute to harmony vm if i do such?

(as for the classlibrary i never looked at the implementation but i
step in it  when debugging some web applications. and i'm still a
student so no employers or whatever)

-ahmed