harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Summer of Code, something for Harmony?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:27:59 GMT

On Jun 1, 2005, at 4:59 AM, Erik Axel Nielsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just read about the "Summer of Code" at Slashdot [1]. The short
> story is
> that Google pays $4500 to 200 students coding open source this summer.
> Apache is one of the mentoring organizations and has put up a site
> with
> suggestions for coders [2]. Does anyone think that Harmony could be
> one of
> those suggestions? It would certainly give us a kick start.
> Google's site is
> at [3]

I thought about it.  I'm not sure we'd have a project for someone,
but if we do, it's a good thing for us to do.

if not, I still urge anyone that has the time to help out in whatever
way they can.  I know that the ASF is providing some volunteer
mentors, and I'm not sure if other organizations are doing the same.

geir

geirm@apache.org