harmony-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: On Tainting/Residual Rights (Was: Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers)
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:43:23 GMT
I've had different answers on legal-discuss to some of these questions.
  I would encourage folks to avoid these kinds of detailed legal
discussions here in favor of discussions with generally more qualified
people on that list.  I would merely like to state that the issue of
"derivative work" is NOT straightforward and the issue of the JRL is not
even as straighforward as it seems unfortunately and encourage further
discussion take place on legal-discuss.

Moreover, it is my personal opinion that the JBoss-Geronimo issue was a
very specific set of circumstances that have no real lessons to learn
for this project (though I speak only for myself).

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.