harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Harmony site now up http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:38:04 GMT
I took the liberty of throwing together a simple site for Harmony.

   http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/

I based it on the simple ant + velocity style using simple xdoc
documentation.  I chose this because it's *very* simple and
lightweight.  We want this to be as accessible as possible to people.

To get it :

  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/standard/site

and then to build, you need ant installed,  (http://ant.apache.org/)
and just type "ant"

The docs are in xdoccs, the result to docs, and that's it.  The nav
is defined in xdocs/stylesheets/project.xml

If people don't like this, we'll throw it away and do something else,
but my objective was simple, lightweight, fast and easy to get
started with.

What it needs :

1) We need a small graphic of the style of

   http://geronimo.apache.org/images/geronimo-logo.png

but with "Apache Harmony" obviously, and the incubator website above.

2) More content everywhere.  I was very skimpy on stuff, just trying
to get it up there, and am happy to take any patches someone wants to
do.

-0-

You may notice that the harmony SVN is now divided into "harmony/
standard" and "harmony/enchanced", the first for "standard" ASF IP
oversight rules and the latter for the still-to-be-worked-out
enhanced rules that we started discussing last week.

I'll put out a note on this later, but the upshot is that we can
start working in harmony/standard w/ our standard ICLA, for things
like the website, docs, and projects people want to start working
on.  All of this code will be considered "tainted", but it doesn't
matter for things like the website, and things we want to start
working on can be here as well while we work out the enhanced IP rules.

geir

geirm@apache.org