harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sven de Marothy <s...@physto.se>
Subject Re: [Legal] Requirements for Committers
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:44:55 GMT
On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 14:54 +0200, Nacho G. Mac Dowell wrote:

> How many people on this list have NEVER looked (not edited) at, say,
> java.lang.String?

Me. And all other GNU Classpath contributors on this list. At least 3 of
the 9 listed in the proposal as possible commiters.

> If you want people with extensive java knowledge to contribute to
> Harmony this requirement seems like a dead-end to me.

I view myself as having extensive java knowledge.

> Not for the VM internals, but for the class libraries.

I already addressed this. It's a fallacy to believe you need to look at
Sun's code to do a good implementation of the class libraries. In fact,
I belive it will lead to a better implementation.

/Sven