harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Harmony: project purpose
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 18:02:18 GMT
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

Mark>    I don't know if there are documents on the shared bytecode
Mark>    verifier ideas that some people talked about. The verifier exists in
Mark>    pluggable form on the gcjx branch of the GCC cvs repository.

There are no documents.  I ought to write some.  If another VM
(kaffe... hi Dalibor) starts using this, we ought to push it into
Classpath.

Mark>    Mauve http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/ contains tests for the
Mark>    various parts (language, core-libraries, jit, visual AWT tester,
Mark>    BC). JikesRVM comes with a JNI testframework.

Yes, at the very least we ought to collaborate on testing.  I can't
think of a reason why we wouldn't do that.

Mark>    There have been talks about sharing parts of the JDWP and JVMTI
Mark>    layers/interfaces. Most of the wire-protocol at least can be
Mark>    shared. I have some designs for that, but I forgot who is
Mark>    working on this for gcj.

The documents for this still haven't been released; I'll try to push
on that again.

Tom