harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 23:43:48 GMT

>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> AFAICT, one of the goals is to pass the TCK's, so how can you do that
>> if you don't have a full control over the major part of the package?

Dalibor> In the same way all the other runtimes pass the TCK without having
Dalibor> control over org.w3c, org.xml, Xerces or Xalan.

Dalibor> Sounds weird, I know. But that's the way it is.

My understanding, based on watching the jonas experience from a
distance, is that a binary build is certified.  Change the build, lose
the cert.  I doubt it matters much where the sources come from, as
long as the build passes.

Tom