harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Berlin Brown <berlin.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 20:20:18 GMT
On 5/16/05, Ahmed Saad <myanywhere@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all... i'm a computer science student located in cairo, egypt with a
> modest experience in c/c++ (wrote some bsd-style sockets and posix stuff)
> and designing web applications with java/php.... i've just read about
> harmony yesterday on slashdot and i'm just itching to be invloved... and i
> totally agree that there must be an effort to put newbies, like me, on the
> track.. i'll be more backgrouding, doin' research and pushing foreward
> material as much as i can, and i hope i can catch up quickly with gurus down
> here to code more and more....
>  regards,
> ahmed

One thing, I like about open source development projects, it is a
common sense approach.  You download the application, you try it out,
if something is broken, you may communicate to the developer
community, "Hey guys fix this or how can I fix it?" or if you are
delivering praise to a feature, acknowledge that as well.  I think
with this project, if we facilitate communication between
testers/users/developers like communicating on this mailing list, it
seems like you are already contributing to the project.

I have one other question, is the project going to use any kind of web
project management software or web bug system.  Something simple, even
as simple as sourceforge's bug system.  Just have a user submit and
bug and the severity.  I have seen other apache projects use just the
mailing list which seems fine too.