harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Bob <citi...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Java Security for Harmony
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 12:57:33 GMT
> What I'm suggesting is that you can have other relationships that
> generate the same confidence - such as an external verifier that
> signifies that it has done its job by signing the bytecode.

I see.  Sounds like it would work.  But there's more to security than
bytecode verification --- various runtime checks are also required.
How much time on the PDA would be saved if the bytecode verification is
off-loaded to a trusted desktop machine?

Another similar approach would be for the PDA to verify its own
bytecode and then fingerprint it.  The second time the same bytecode is
loaded, it could be certain it's good.