harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrice Le Vexier" <plevex...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: Java
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 12:29:17 GMT
It would be sad if the list really exponentially divide. I thing such a big
project need a lot of people, and not only VM or compiler gurus. I think one
of the big interest of this project is it can elevate the java knowledge of
the community. But for that, an effort must be made to integrate new comers
(I definitely am), by providing a good set of documentation and references,
and may be, when it is possible, eating our own food, to avoid to create a
gap between peoples who already worked with technologies where are going to
used, and others who not.

Some ideas to try to achieve that:

-providing clear documentations on all aspects we are going to work on,
-using a set of tool available on all main platforms (don't exclude windows
people, it a J2SE, not just a server system)
-try to make it simple, even if the subject is very complicated,

If I think meritocracy is the best thing to make good piece of software,
some effort must be made to try to integrate more possible motivated
peoples. I definitely am too ;)

patrice