harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 22:18:33 GMT

On May 16, 2005, at 12:42 PM, Mark Brooks wrote:

>> Why?
> Because knowing what tools we are going to use is the logical first
> step.

Heh!  Next time, please give a bit more context on what the "Why" is
about :)

I was responding to :

"I lack the requisite experience to take the lead on this.  However,
I think we couldn't really make that determination until someone has
done some high-level specifications and determined what exactly needs
to be done.  That requires us to identify preliminary issues
regarding the build environment."

And I'm not so sure we need to be there yet.

I'd like to start by working on two tracks :

1) Process stuff (in another thread coming soon to a mail list near you)

2) VM<->Classlibrary Interface (in another thread...)

Since we have nothing to build, the tools don't quite matter yet..
We can't even figure out what language we are going to work in.