harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Lothian" <nloth...@educationau.edu.au>
Subject RE: Question re: Object Serialization?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 05:41:54 GMT

> Hey forgive the naive question guys, but does the Java
> serialization spec specify things to a level of detail that
> will allow objects serialized on one JVM to be unserialized
> by a different JVM? That is, will one be able to share
> objects between Harmony and the Sun JVM, or others?

Yes it is that detailed.

> Just curious, as I haven't really heard much about this
> point. On the surface it seems like you would expect this to
> "just work" but I wonder...

Wonder no more - see
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/html/ClassFile.doc.htm

Nick

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose
its contents to any other party.
This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not necessarily reflect
those of education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.
It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it for viruses
or any other defects.
education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence caused directly
or indirectly by this email.