harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Lothian" <nloth...@educationau.edu.au>
Subject RE: Testing - TCK, mauve, harmony's own test suite?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 00:48:39 GMT

On the Pluto project (which has similar TCK requirements) the NDA hasn't
really been a big issue. Some committers have signed and have access to
it and some don't. We have our own set of test cases written based on
the spec that committers use to verify their commits.

We just make sure someone runs the TCK before doing a release (which I
believe must be done on Apache owned hardware?). There are a few
oddities with reporting errors, though, since you can't publish the
actual test results, so you need to phrase your reports in terms of spec
violations.

I don't think you would be allowed to make the TCK available to people
who haven't signed, so an external interface isn't allowed.

I believe that on most Apache projects that require a TCK only a
minority of committers have access to the TCK. That is certainly the
case on Pluto and I believe that Tomcat works in a similar way.

Nick

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose
its contents to any other party.
This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not necessarily reflect
those of education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.
It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it for viruses
or any other defects.
education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence caused directly
or indirectly by this email.