harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Cooper" <thec...@runbox.com>
Subject intro & questions
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 07:50:07 GMT
Hi, im a fairly new programmer (computer science student at Cambridge UK) and am looking to
get started on oss/java project and thought this would be a nice place to start. I'll be mainly
hanging around in the background, maybe doing a few of the class libraries, docs, etc.

questions -
How 'integrated' will this be with Classpath? How many of the class libraries will be Harmonys,
or are we going to use all the Classpath libraries and none of our own?
Don't other non-company jvm's exist (blackdown?), or is this the only oss one?
How important will efficiency/speed be in the jvm? Java is naturally a so-so language for
efficiency, will that be a major goal to improve?