harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Subramanian, Sundar" <Sundar.Subraman...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Introduction, and a question
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 10:38:19 GMT
I don't know much about JVM and am a total newbie to this group but
Brad's question set me thinking.

I guess what Brad is asking is for a snapshot of the state of JVM. This
would be really useful to migrate stuff from one environment to another
preserving the underlying state.

I am sure this idea must have been explored extensively but having it on
a compliant jvm would be good.

Regards
~sundar

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Damsgaard [mailto:christian@damsgaard.biz]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 2:56 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Introduction, and a question

I brought up this idea with Lars Bak (HotSpot architect at Sun back
then) at a conference some years back when Sun introduced the HotSpot
VM. The argument back then was that a program mays not execute in the
same pattern every time and the optimization made previously may no
longer apply.

Regards
Christian Damsgaard