harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [arch] VM Candidate : JikesRVM http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 10:38:13 GMT

On May 19, 2005, at 10:29 PM, Renaud BECHADE wrote:

> Another point that is unrelated, but what about the "packaging" of
> the VM?
> Do we plan to release it with say Eclipse + Server (JSF + IDE +
> object DB or
> O/R mapping + HSQL DB)? (IMHO this is good way to legitimate it)

No.  Why would we do this?

We want our JRE or JDK to be an alternative to the existing JREs and
JDKs w/o having people worry about all the cruft.

If you had an interest in bundling for some reason,  you could of
course take the thing and do that elsewhere (or start a separate
project here if there was enough support and a decent rationale...)

geir

geirm@apache.org