harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Royce Ausburn <esapers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stop this framework/modularity madness!
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 07:44:40 GMT

Ack - Sorry about the incomplete mail.

On 17/05/2005, at 3:58 AM, Rodrigo Kumpera wrote:

> This must not be the focus until required, so no JIT plugable layer
> until someone tries to write another JIT for Harmony (emphasis on
> another).

In my experience, delaying the 'modular design' of a system causes
more work.  When you rip out the old part, not only do you have to
design and implement this pluggable layer, this layer probably needs
alot more design work because you have to consider all the other
systems that are affected.  This also isn't easy because the project
hasn't been designed in a modular fashion.  THen you have to
reimplement the old part (the JIT bit in your example) - May as well
design everything to work together in harmony to begin with.

--Royce