harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 18:11:54 GMT

On May 12, 2005, at 10:15 PM, FaeLLe wrote:

> Can somebody comment on this guys claims,
>
> http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/20050507#death_to_apache
>
> Ps. warning: lot of flaming of our idealogies take place there but
> i would
> still like to see him shut up.

He's a friend of mine.  He's actually a really good J2EE technologist
and does it for fun.

Credit where credit is due - there's a grain of truth in his blog in
general.  However, he tends to go overboard :)

In this case (and he and I have talked about this quite a bit) he's
looking at the world from the POV of a JRE user that doesn't have
concerns about JRE license, just performance and capability.   I keep
trying to spin his POV around to that of distributor, vendor, free-
software supporter, etc.  I'll let you know if we make any progress.

Read him.  Laugh if you find him funny (I usually do, and have been a
personal target a few times...)  Then move on :)

geir

geirm@apache.org